Sep 15, 2016
Overview of Episode #27. The following topics are
Recording: @ 2:10 ---
Topic 1: Avoiding to Acknowledging
- My story - avoiding Debbie Downer
- My Definition for Listening Aggressively: A focus on hearing in
a determined and energetic way. When you are doing this well,
you demonstrate your desire to understand by asking questions
and listening with NO agenda other than to understand. Action
Steps: Reflect, Probe, Support, Advise.
- Why You Should Never Tell Someone to Relax
Recording: @ 17:45 ---
Topic 2: Beliefs, Mindset and Habits of Great
- Gallup Research
Tune in Time - 15 minutes a day
- "I seek to understand others first, before I try to get them to
understand my view. THIS is crucial to all relationships and the
level of trust and respect we have with each other."
- "Words alone don’t teach, life experience teaches. What I say
needs to be clear, but people need to experience things for
themselves to really know, understand and accept."
- "My example is my strongest message."
- "My way is not the only way, it’s just 'A' way. I am the
Leader but I invite participation, new ideas and new ways of
doing what we do."
- "I try to look at and focus upon the best attributes in
others. Even in difficult and tense situations, I can discuss
negative facts and behaviors, and still value the person."
- "I always expect the best from others."
Strategies and Daily Tips Digital
Mind, Body & Spirit Insights for Professionals
See a Complimentary 36-page Preview,
Recording: @ 21:45 ---
Topic 3: Four Listening Aggressively Steps -
R.P.S.A. and "the Nail" video
- STEP #1: R. Reflect
- Is to: Verify and Clarify.
- STEP #2: P. Probe -
Is to: Ask Clarifying Questions to Understand.“Do you mind if
we ask a few questions, we’d love to get your thoughts...” “What
did you think about...?” “Help me understand
- STEP #3: S.
Supporting - Is to: Demonstrate
Understanding. You can show understanding even if you
disagree. You can almost always sincerely gain a true understanding
of the other person's viewpoint IF you've done Steps 1 & 2-Relect &
Probe, well. If you’ve been sincere in expressing your
understanding you can then, successfully and safely, move to the
- STEP #4: A. Advising - Is
to: Provide Facts & Make a Recommendation.
- It Not about the Nail -
- Charismatic Leadership - Article
on Listening Aggressively
Recording: @ 38:00 ---
Topic 4: Six Negative Listening Habits and Two Favorite
- 2.The Interrupter
- 3.The Happy Hooker
- 4.The Advice Giver
- 6.The Intellectual or Logical Listener
- PDF on Negative Listening Habits and
Four Stes in Listening Aggressively
- "The first duty of love is to listen."
Paul Tillich, German Philosopher
- "The greatest compliment that was ever paid me was when one
asked me what I thought, and attended to my answer." Henry
Subscribe via iTunes or Leave a
Four Skills Best Bosses Have
Being a Best Boss - A
Podcast Interview with VPHR Dr. Randy Reece
TRAIN/COACH: Corporate Leadership Training, Team Building and
Schedule a Complimentary
Consulting Call or Send Me Feedback: